Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas

Good evening. I wanted to share with all of you what I did today. I was at work and needed to call the Salvation Army in regards to my after school progam ringing the bell. As I was scrolling down the list of winter volunteering I saw adopting a family. I thought hmm what is this, so I read the insert and thought it would be awesome if Blake and I did this. We were already going to ring the bell and this is another opportunity to help. I spoke with the director and I chose a family of 4 and will get the rest of the info on Tuesday. We are going to deliver personally so we will get to meet the family. Blake and I talked about how when we were younger our families made sure we had a great christmas. We want to be able to help others have the same joys during the holidays as we did. I am asking that if you can help out rather you ring the bell or adopt a family please do and remember the feelings you had as a kid.

Champaign Salvation Army number: (217) 373-7832
Good Night

2 comments:

  1. Amy, this is a beautiful way to celebrate by giving! So beautiful and full of love! And, I love your blog!

    My sister (Dorothy) would have loved your Christmas sharing idea.

    Blake's Aunt Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Eleanor. I know grandma would be proud of Blake and I and know she is looking down on us. Hope you have a good holiday.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete